Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: Elizabeth Cook- Gospel Plow


I worshiped at St Paul's Cathedral earlier this year.  I'm a far cry from Anglican, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a sense of how it's done by the high and mighty.  The ceremony was beautiful.  Even so, Elizabeth Cook's 2012 release Gospel Plow is a more accurate reflection of my faith.  Raw country gospel speaks to me.  Here's a live version of "Hear Jerusalem Calling," the least appealing song on the project.  My favorite selection is a harrowing reading of Lou Reed's "Jesus," which almost certainly reveals a great deal about me.


---
John Tchicai and David Ware have died.

---
Maybe I should re-immerse myself in punk.  Based on this performance by No Statik, it shouldn't be difficult to get up to speed.

---
I love to see real people talking about music.  In this case, the subject is Oddisee.

---
The Pitch reports that Earwaxx, a record store in Gladstone, is closing.  (Via S.S.)

---
Kansas City Click: My official picks are published here.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: