Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Review: Goitse
















Video stream of Goitse performing live

I was getting frustrated at Kansas City Irish Fest last Friday. The bands weren't getting it done. No amount of beer can make me like a watered down version of The Pogues. I was just about to give up when I encountered Goitse. The kids from Limerick had all the energy, passion and bum notes that most of the other bands lacked. Goitse possess the qualities people claim to admire in Mumford & Sons. Except Goitse is Irish. And trad. See for yourself in the link above.

---
I consider Kansas City Irish Fest from a different angle at Plastic Sax.

---
I attended a sold-out concert featuring Maroon 5, Train and Matt Nathanson. Here's my review.

---
Kansas City's Stan Plesser has died.

---
Wardell Quezergue has died. (Tip via Big Steve.)

---
My friend and former boss LeRoy Johnson has died.

---
Much of the new Wilco album sounds like outtakes from Let It Be. That's a compliment.

---
Legendary A&R man Pete Lubin, a man I'm proud to call my friend, is interviewed at Popdose.

---
Kansas City Click: New Jazz Order returns to Harling's on Tuesday.

Amy Farrand's Weirdo Wednesday Supper Club goes down weekly at Davey's.

Both Eilen Jewell and Butch Hancock perform at Knuckleheads on Thursday.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: