Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brother Theotis Taylor- Somebody's Gone

















Gone for real.

Given my compulsion to note the deaths of musicians at There Stands the Glass, Brother Theotis Taylor's "Somebody's Gone" could serve as the accidental theme song of this site. The unflinching selection is one of 71 songs on The Pitch/Gusman Records Story. I'm going to have to spring for the new compilation of rare gospel from the '60s and '70s. Amazon offers it for under twenty dollars. "Every time I look around, somebody's gone."

---
The Driftwood Singers hipped me to Free Energy. Cheap Trick circa '77 redux!

---
Phish never did it for me, but Sunday's Trey Anastasio concert blew me away. Here's my review.

---
Gorgeous photographs accompany my review of a recent concert by Marvin Sease, Bobby "Blue" Bland, Shirley Brown, Bobby Rush, Floyd Taylor and O.B. Buchana.

---
Speaking of Floyd Taylor, this video is absolutely heartbreaking.

---
Kansas City Click: Fred Wickham is joined by cult hero D. Clinton Thompson at the Record Bar on Tuesday.

(Image courtesy of Big Legal Mess Records.)

No comments: