Friday, November 27, 2009

Eddie Henderson- Ceora

















No more.

I watched HBO's airing of The Jazz Baroness this week. As this trailer of sorts indicates, it's an odd little documentary. Trumpeter Eddie Henderson, the owner of a Doctors Degree in psychiatry, is one of the film's talking heads. I didn't know what to make of his explanation of the electroshock therapy administered to Thelonious Monk. Henderson's excellent mid-70s funk-fusion efforts like this are far less ambiguous. "Ceora" is from the much tamer Think On Me album from 1990.

---
I have no idea how many thousands of CDs, DVDs and albums I acquired during the last ten years. I imagine that the majority of the music I accumulate in the forthcoming decade will be MP3s or just borrowed and rented streams. The only way to make physical product appealing today is by offering something unique. The Old Canes and Saddle Creek have the right idea for Feral Harmonic. This video shows the Kansas band's new release being assembled by hand.

---
I reviewed recent shows headlined by Hatebreed and Tech N9ne.

---
Kansas City Click: Lenny Williams sings "Cause I Love You" Friday at the Uptown Theater.

Baroness gets loud in the Riot Room on Saturday.

Erin McKeown and Jill Sobule provide a fine double bill Sunday at the Record Bar.

It'll be date night Monday at the Uptown for The Swell Season.

No comments: