Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tex Williams- I Found a New Baby















She's gone again.

I hereby declare my intention to lobby for a Western swing revival. After all, what could be better than a mashup of country and jazz? The awkwardly titled On The Air 1947-1949: Western Swing from South California combines fiddle, accordion, pedal steel and vibes. It's plenty weird. Tex Williams' interesting career is best remembered for "Smoke Smoke Smoke." Don't miss the video.

---
I liked The Gaslight Anthem but I loved Heartless Bastards. Here's my review of their show.

---
Hey! Graham Parker has a YouTube channel. (Tip via B.L.)

---
I wonder if I'm the only person in the world who intends to acquire today's new releases by both Bob Dylan and Tech N9ne.

---
Kansas City Click: Barclay Martin plays pretty tonight at Jardine's.

2 comments:

The DLC said...

That was some wonderful pedal steel.

Happy In Bag said...

Thanks for checking in, DLC.