Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Robert Lucas, 1962-2008















Farewell.

Robert Lucas was signing autographs the last time I saw him. He had just played a set with Canned Heat at a blues festival in Kansas City three or four years ago. I didn't catch the performance; I have a strong antipathy for recycled boogie. Yet I recall that image for two reasons. Almost every one of his fans was a biker. I was also struck by the thought that Lucas seemed far too young to be in the band. He was just 46 when he died Sunday. Layaway is one of several solid solo albums in which Lucas splits the difference between Howlin' Wolf and Tom Waits. (Tip via BGO.)

---
MC Breed died Saturday.

---
Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers has been declared dead. It's a sad story. (Tip via BGO.)

---
I reviewed Tech N9ne's show Saturday night.

---
Mac Lethal's life almost ends at the 3:30 mark of this otherwise pointless Soulcrate Music tour vlog.

---
I briefly ponder MURS, the Clash and the concept of selling out here.

---
Kansas City Click: I could stop at the Czar Bar after tonight's Kansas-Syracuse game to catch Ghosty.

No comments: