Monday, June 09, 2008

Carol Sloane- Aren't You Glad You're You

















Glad no more.

Bill Finegan's obituary in the Los Angeles Times tells a remarkable story of a life in music. Finegan arranged much of Out of the Blue, the 1962 debut of outstanding swing vocalist Carol Sloane. This 1984 video offers an even better sense of Sloane's extraordinary instrument. The 71-year-old Sloane is woefully underappreciated.

---
Stone Temple Pilots were never really my thing. I was stunned, consequently, when they put on one of the best shows I've seen all year Saturday night. Here's my review of the Rockfest blow-out.

---
*I haven't voluntarily listened to Rush since I was sixteen years old. But since Geddy Lee made a major donation to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, I'm planning on buying 2112 on CD.

---
Kansas City Click: There Stands the Glass favorites OK Jones join Headlights tonight at the Record Bar.

No comments: