Friday, January 25, 2008

Steve James- Grain Alcohol

















Empty.

I don't know how I missed the news that blues harpist Gary Primich died last September. He was 49. It seemed that Primich toured constantly in the '90s. Mark Rubin of the Bad Livers remembers Primich here. Rubin, Danny Barnes and Primich join Steve James on the out-of-print American Primitive from 1994. A heartfelt Primich tribute video is here.

---
Man, I love me some fado. And Cristina Branco makes Nelly Furtado's appearance seem plain.

---
Kansas City Click: Friday's two biggest shows- B.B. King and the Mars Volta- are sold out. You might try the New Amsterdams at the Record Bar. A fan made a clever video for my favorite song by the band.

I'm recommending saloon singer Frank Cherrito's Saturday gig at the Copa Room because I know his web site will make you smile.

The Caves and Lights & Siren are at McCoy's on Sunday.

No comments: