Wednesday, October 10, 2007

McCoy Tyner- Darn That Dream

















Awakened.

Because I'm so infatuated with Robert Glasper's In My Element, I've been listening to a great deal of piano trio recordings. I want to confirm that Glasper really is all that. McCoy Tyner is associated with a far more ferocious style than Glasper's. But his playing is achingly gorgeous on this solo showcase from the 1991 recording Solar: Live At Sweet Basil. Tyner, who turns 70 next year, has a new album out on his own label.

---
Unless you consider "stripper music" a category, this deeply disturbing promotional video for a local "gentleman's club" has nothing to do with music. But you have to see it. It's been years since I've been in one of these places; this video reminds me of what I've been missing. Ugh. (Link via Tony.)

---
Kansas City Click: Interpol and Liars visit the Uptown.

No comments: