Thursday, October 04, 2007

Johnny Bush- Driving Nails (In My Coffin)

















Buried.

The day's big music story in my town is the old-school queue already forming for Garth Brooks tickets. I listened to my modest Brooks collection last night. I was struck by two things as I heard the material for the first time in years. Like Thriller, it's amazing the way hits outnumber album tracks. And with all due respect to acts like Brooks & Dunn, it became obvious to me that many acts have thrived by rushing to fill the void left by Brooks' "retirement." I then turned to a stack of nearby Johnny Bush discs to refresh my palate. Green Snakes doesn't contain any hits, of course, but its hardcore honky tonk sure hit the spot.

---
Rakim, Ghostface Killah and Brother Ali backed by a live band? Incredible!

---
Kansas City Click: The Abracadabras sound like Puddle of Mudd covering the Beatles. See for yourself at Jillys tonight.

No comments: