Friday, May 18, 2007

Ce Ce Peniston- House Party

















The party's over.

I'm Movin' On makes me feel a little bit guilty. Ce Ce Peniston was enjoying a fine dance music career. She had big hits like "Finally". Then she made me happy by shifting into a more conventional R&B style. But I guess I was about the only person she pleased with the change.

---
Thanks to Office Naps, I have a new favorite song- Junior Parker's reading of "Tomorrow Never Knows."

---
My thoughts are with you, Bo Diddley.

---
Kansas City Click: Mac Lethal claims he'll never play another Kansas
City club after tonight's gig at the Record Bar. Man, I'd love to see
him blow up; Kansas City needs more local stars. Right now, The
Elders and Tech N9ne are the only active locally based acts that can
sell over 1,000 tickets at least $10 a pop in their hometown.

A former local girl, Elana James, plays Davey's Uptown Saturday night.

Ghosty and Jake Blanton are at the Record Bar on Sunday.

No comments: