Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Natalie Walker- No One Else



















No more.

I was pretty rough in my assessment of Natalie Walker's new release Urban Angel in my review at Back To Rockville. I wrote, "If the world is clamoring for a mall-rat update of Kate Bush, Natalie Walker is going to be a massive star. Walker’s pretty voice muses about romantic travails over lush, piano-based production. Urban Angel is lovely, even for people who aren’t 17-year-old girls." While songs like "No One Else" aren't exactly revolutionary, they showcase a likeable artist with real promise.

---
I am not the least bit surprised that Chris Daughtry sold over 300,000 units last week. I've had dozens of people tell me that they love him, both during the American Idol season and as they snatched the CD out of retail new release racks this past week.

---
In acknowledgement of the fifth anniversary of his passing, here's a video for a great George Harrison song from an unjustly overlooked period of his career.

No comments: