Friday, November 17, 2006

Jimmy LaFave- Girl From the North Country



















Snowed under.

Jerry Jeff Walker is threatening legal action related to what seems to be a terrific tribute album. Maybe there's more to the story, but it seems that Walker is behaving badly. Jimmy LaFave is one of the many Texans contributing to the project. As evidenced here, LaFave is perhaps the world's top interpreter of Bob Dylan. He's also a noteworthy songwriter. It's most unfortunate that LaFave hasn't been able to garner a national following. This out-of-print CD is available for $50.00 at Amazon.

---
I've long been obsessed with The Hold Steady, so I was thrilled to uncover this new video of a recent in-store performance.

---
I have a new infatuation. My pal Shannon pointed me to Leslie Hall yesterday. (The videos are where it's at.) I may be the last person in the world to get hip to this dynamo, but I'm pleased to have finally found room on the bandwagon. You know I'll be sporting my gem sweater with pride when I see Hall perform in a couple weeks.

No comments: