Friday, October 13, 2006

West Indian Girl- Dream



















The dream is over.

Few stories in contemporary pop music are more intriguing and inspiring than the unexpected artistic renaissance of the Flaming Lips. Bands that follow the Lips down the psychedelic path they've cut are to be commended. West Indian Girl's 2004 release strays just the right distance from Lips territory. This song also reminds me of the underated first post-Gabriel album by Genesis.

---
I'm a big fan of the way Houston So Real personalizes today's hip hop and rap scene in Houston. But in this post the dude shares amazing photographs of Daniel Johnston.

---
How many of you could list every live music event you've attended? There's no way I could recount more than three-quarters of what I've seen. So I really admire someone who can do this.

No comments: