Monday, June 19, 2006

Anti-Flag- Power To The Peaceful



















The power shifted.

Allow me to explain why I’ll be the oldest person at today’s Warped Tour who’s not either Joan Jett or a member of the Buzzcocks. It’s not so I can show off my mohawk. I’m not a Christian follower of the Tooth & Nail bands. And I’m certainly not the lonely dude hoping to hook up with that cute sophomore from Spanish class with the AFI t-shirt. So why would I subject myself to scorching heat and smelly crowds to see dozens of skinny kids bang on guitars that are almost all untouched by blues, jazz, funk and hip hop influences? I believe that once a music fan dismisses "new" popular music, they instantly become a relic. Besides, Warped has provided me with a handful of great moments, such as standing in the middle of a crowd screaming "Cute Without the ‘E’ (Cut From the Team)" along with Taking Back Sunday, and locals Salt the Earth inviting their fans onto their remote stage for a communal experience. And, oh yeah, Anti-Flag is playing.

No comments: