Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ian McLagan- She Stole It!



















She even stole this song.

I keep thinking that I’m hallucinating on the handful of occasions I’ve seen Ian McLagan. How can it be that the Faces legend and sometime Rolling Stones sideman is performing for a hundred delirious people in a Texas or Missouri tavern? He seems to be having a good time, but regal rock stars usually don’t work these types of joints. And they don’t maintain their own happening My Space accounts, do they? McLagan is touring England with Billy Bragg at the moment, but he’ll be back in Austin for a weekly gig at Lucky Lounge in June and July. Bragg is featured on the first-rate 2000 release Best of British. "She Stole It!" concerns the worst nightmare of many guys who frequent sites like There Stands the Glass. Not only does his girl leave him, she takes his record collection with her. "Hey, where's my Brother Ray!"

No comments: